Last updated on January 1st 2022
iPify is committed to a continuous process of compliance with current French and European regulations, specifically the French Data Protection Law of 6 January 1978, as amended and the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 (GDPR).
What personal data are collected, for what purposes and how long will they be stored?
When contacting us via email, phone or a contact form, iPify collects your title, first name, last name, company name, phone number and email address in order to respond to your queries. Unless you become an iPify user or did not unsubscribe to our newsletters, your personal data will be kept for one (1) year.
When you apply for a job on our website, via email, or via an employment agency, iPify collects your first name, last name, email address and phone number, and any information you choose to share with us in your cover letter and resume. iPify will not ask you to provide information that is not necessary for the recruitment process. In particular, iPify will never collect any information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership or sexual orientation. If iPify concludes an employment contract with you, the collected data will be stored for the purpose of processing the employment relationship in compliance with legal requirements. If no employment contract is concluded with you, iPify may keep the collected data you provided for up to (3) years in order to contact you again for any new job proposition that may come up, unless you ask us not to do so.
How are your personal data protected?
iPify realizes how important and sensitive your personal data is, and takes a great number of measures to ensure that this information is securely processed, stored and preserved from data loss and unauthorized access. Our technical, administrative and organizational security measures are described in detail in our Security Policy.
Are your data shared with third parties?
In order to support our operations we rely on several Service Providers. They help us with various services such as cloud hosting, web audience analysis, etc.
Below is a list of the Service Providers we are currently using, why we use them, and what kind of data we share with them.
|Service Providers||Purpose||Shared Data|
|Hubspot||Customer Relationship Management||Your title, first name, last name, company name, phone number and email address as provided by you when communicating with iPify.|
|Google Analytics (Privacy & Security, Types of cookies)||Anonymous website audience analysis. Opt-out||Shared with Google Analytics: Non-personal browser data, anonymized IP, geolocation info, language (no identifiable information).|
iPify does not sell or rent your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes, in any case.
Here is an overview of the cookies that may be stored on your device when you visit our website:
|Category of Cookie||Purpose||Cookies|
|Analytics||Understand how visitors engage with our website, via Google Analytics. Learn more about Analytics cookies and privacy information. The website will still work if you reject or discard those cookies.||_ga (Google) _gat (Google) _gid (Google) gac* (Google)|
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies, or look at the links below.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
What are your rights?
In accordance with the regulations in force you have the following rights:
Right of confirmation: you have the right to obtain from iPify the confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed.
Right of access: you have the right to obtain from iPify free information about your personal data stored at any time and a copy of this information. Furthermore, the European directives and regulations grant you access to the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject, or to object to such processing;
- the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- where the personal data are not collected from you, any available information as to their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling (profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements), referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
Furthermore, you have a right to obtain information as to whether personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organization. Where this is the case, you have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer.
Right to rectification: you have the right to obtain from iPify without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to be forgotten: you have the right to obtain from iPify the erasure of personal data without undue delay, and iPify has the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies, as long as the processing is not necessary:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You withdraw consent to which the processing is based according to point (a) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR, or point (a) of Article 9(2) of the GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing.
- You object to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(2) of the GDPR.
- The personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- The personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which iPify is subject.
- The personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1) of the GDPR.
Where iPify has made personal data public and is obliged pursuant to Article 17(1) to erase the personal data, iPify, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform other third parties processing the personal data that you have requested erasure by such third parties of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data, as far as processing is not required.
Right of restriction of processing: you have the right to obtain from iPify restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling iPify to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request instead the restriction of their use instead.
- iPify no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of iPify override those of the data subject.
Right to data portability: you have the right to receive your personal data, which was provided to iPify, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit those data to a third party without hindrance from iPify. Furthermore, in exercising your right to data portability pursuant to Article 20(1) of the GDPR, you have the right to have personal data transmitted directly from iPify to a third party, where technically feasible and when doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Right to object: you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time, to processing of your personal data, which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions. iPify shall no longer process the personal data in the event of the objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. If iPify processes personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal data for such marketing. This applies to profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. If you object to iPify to the processing for direct marketing purposes, iPify will no longer process the personal data for these purposes. In addition, you have the right, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to object to processing of your personal data by iPify for scientific or historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89(1) of the GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
Automated individual decision-making, including profiling: you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you, or similarly significantly affects you, as long as the decision (1) is not necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and iPify, or (2) is not authorized by Union or Member State law to which iPify is subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, or (3) is not based on your explicit consent. If the decision (1) is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and iPify, or (2) it is based on your explicit consent, iPify shall implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, at least the right to obtain human intervention on our part, to express your point of view and contest the decision.
Right to withdraw data protection consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time.
Right to lodge a complaint: you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority located in your Member State. The supervisory authority in France is the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), 3 Place de Fontenoy TSA 80715, 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07, France, +33 (0)1 53 73 22 22. https://www.cnil.fr/en/home.
Right to issue advance directives: you have the right to issue directives concerning the storage, erasure and communication of your data after your death. These directives are either general or specific.